VASER Ultrasound Liposuction vs. Standard Liposuction
VASER (Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance) ultrasound liposuction and regular liposuction are two techniques used for body contouring. While both procedures aim to remove unwanted fat, they employ different technologies, and each has unique advantages and drawbacks. Let’s take a look at how these two techniques compare.
VASER Ultrasound Liposuction Benefits
- Precision:VASER liposuction uses ultrasound waves to break up and liquefy fat cells, leaving other tissues relatively undisturbed. This technique can provide a higher level of precision and control than regular liposuction, making it ideal for more detailed areas such as the chin, neck, or arms.
- Skin Tightening: VASER technology promotes skin tightening because the heat generated by ultrasound stimulates collagen production. This can lead to smoother, more youthful-looking results than regular liposuction, particularly for patients with mild to moderate skin laxity.
- Less Trauma and Bruising: The selective nature of the ultrasound energy reduces trauma to the surrounding tissues, leading to less postoperative bruising and swelling compared to traditional liposuction.
- Efficiency in Removing Large Volumes of Fat: VASER liposuction can be more efficient at removing large volumes of fat, making it a suitable option for larger areas of the body.
Regular Liposuction Benefits
- Simplicity and Cost-Effectiveness: Traditional liposuction is a more straightforward procedure than VASER liposuction. As such, it can often be less expensive, and the technology is more widely available.
- Proven Track Record: Regular liposuction has been in use for a longer period, which means it has a well-established safety record and a broad base of satisfied patients.
- Flexibility: Regular liposuction can be performed under either local or general anesthesia, making it a more flexible option in some scenarios.
Comparing the Two Techniques
Despite the differences, both techniques share some common benefits. They both aim to improve body contours, boost self-confidence, and can inspire recipients to maintain a healthier lifestyle.
One of the critical points to consider when comparing these two techniques is the desired outcome. VASER liposuction can provide a higher level of detail and contouring, making it a better choice for individuals seeking more defined results or those who wish to target areas that are typically challenging to sculpt.
On the other hand, regular liposuction might be preferred for individuals seeking a simpler, more cost-effective solution, or for those who are not particularly concerned about skin tightening.
Moreover, it’s essential to note that neither VASER liposuction nor traditional liposuction are weight loss solutions. They’re both contouring procedures best suited to individuals who are at or near their ideal weight but have stubborn fat pockets that don’t respond to diet and exercise.
In conclusion, the choice between VASER ultrasound liposuction and regular liposuction depends on several factors, including the patient’s goals, budget, and personal preferences. Both techniques offer valuable benefits, and a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to determine which procedure will meet a specific individual’s needs and expectations.
Interested in VASER Ultrasound Liposuction? Contact Dr. Varkony
Patients considering VASER Ultrasound liposuction or any other procedure – including a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) improved with the use of VASER ultrasound technology – are invited to contact board-certified plastic surgeon Steven J. Varkony, M.D. Please reach out to our office using our online contact page or by calling us using the information at the bottom of this page.
Dr. Varkony works out of his Encino office but patients come from throughout the Los Angeles area, including Burbank, Studio City, Woodland Hills, Calabasas, Sherman Oaks, and Westlake Village as well as Brentwood, Beverly Hills, West Los Angeles, and Santa Monica.